One service we have year round inquiries about is packing a bike for travel. With customers heading all over the world to ride their bikes these days we are always busy packing, boxing and unpackaging bikes for customers. This is a service we love to have our qualified staff do a professional job of so that your bike arrives safely.
Packing and boxing a bike at The Bike Shop
- The Bike Shop's staff will partially disassemble your bike to fit securely inside a recycled bike box.
- Then we will package your bike properly inside this bike box for airplane travel or other shipping method.
- The Bike Shop's labour rate to disassemble, pack, and box a bike is $60 (includes used bicycle box, protective foam, frame inserts where necessary).
Please note that The Bike Shop does NOT provide bike-shipping services from our stores. You will need to make arrangements directly with FedEx, Purolator, bikeflights.com or another carrier to ship a bike yourself.
For more information on The Bike Shop's bike-boxing and/or to book an appointment to have your bike boxed, contact us.
Do it yourself
For instructions on how to box a bike yourself for travel, refer to these articles on our website:
Bike Travel Cases — Available to Rent
Thule Round Trip Sport Travel Case
- Hard case to pack your bike for airplane travel or UPS shipping. Fits both road and mountain bikes (DH bikes with 157 rear ends may be difficult to fit). Holds one bicycle.
- Rental fees: $10 for one day, $10 each additional day.
- If you travel frequently with your bike, note that this travel case (and several other models) are also available for sale (new) at The Bike Shop and www.thebikeshop.com.